Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Redirect Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benmeehan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Redirect Page Reply with quote

I've just subscribed and am delighted with mycontactform.com. I have just one problem.

I can't get the relative link to work on the re-direct page. I'm entering what I think is the correct relative address of the page that I want to appear when a user submits but I just get the 404 error page every time.

What I'm entering in the wizard is:

..\NUI_Knowledge_Base\Introductory_Module\Mod_Intro_Unit1.0_TOC.htm

This is the folder that contains my website and the subfolder that contins the page I want to re-direct to.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??? Embarassed
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You need to enter the fully qualified URL for the redirect page since the user is actually briefly leaving your server while the form data is being processed.

Example:

http://www.mydomain.com/NUI_Knowledge_Base/Introductory_Module/Mod_Intro_Unit1.0_TOC.htm

You need to make sure to use forward slashes, not backslashes.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
benmeehan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Re-direct page Reply with quote

Hi Nick,
thanks for coming back so quickly!

These will be offline pages used by students on a third level course so I can't put in a fully qualified http://wwwmydomain.com/etc. Can I put in a relative path instead, or how can I get them back to the offline pages?

Many thanks!
Ben
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I've never tried it, but if you put the entire file path, it should work.

Example:

c:\whatever\myfile.html
benmeehan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Redirect Page Reply with quote

I put the following absolute path as you suggested:

file://localhost/C:/Documents and Settings/Ben Meehan.BENH/Desktop/NUI_Knowledge_Base/Introductory_Module/Mod_Intro_Unit1.0_TOC.htm

This time I did not get the usual error. I was brought to a blank page which displayed the following message:

Please wait one moment while you are redirected. If this page doesn't change in 5 seconds, please click here.

When nothing happened after five seconds I clicked on the link but still nothing happened?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ben
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I've thought about it some more, and it most likely will not be able to redirect to a locally hosted redirect page. You might try:

C:/Documents and Settings/Ben Meehan.BENH/Desktop/NUI_Knowledge_Base/Introductory_Module/Mod_Intro_Unit1.0_TOC.htm

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
tipsandiego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Redirect Page Reply with quote

On my first two forms, the redirect worked perfectly.

On my next two forms, we are redirected to the "wait five seconds" message and when you "click here" nothing happens.

I've checked, double checked, triple checked, and even copied and pasted the path into the wizard but all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Chuck Cannova
www.tipsandiego.org
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It still sounds like the web browser is stalling because it cannot find the correct location to redirect to. This is most likely because the software wasn't designed to redirect to locally hosted files.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
tipsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should have started a new topic but I'm a totally different user and my question is about a totally different web site.

I am trying to redirect back to http://tipsandiego.org/forms/calloutconfirmation.htm but instead I get the "wait 5 seconds" page and the "click here" link does nothing.

Chuck Cannova
tipsandiego.org
tipsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction ... it's http://www.tipsandiego.org/forms/calloutconfirmation.htm
tipsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Redirect Reply with quote

You can disregard ... I overlooked the obvious and neglected to put the www. in the URL ...

Sorry about that ...

Chuck Cannova
www.tipsandiego.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: