Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error when submitting:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassautoparts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Error when submitting: Reply with quote

If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website.
Help please, am i doing something wrong?

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as http://www.cassautoparts.com/2.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

I have read alot of the posts in the forum here, and i have tried a number of times to fix my problem, but i am not having any luck.

My web hosting service is 1and1 does that have any thing to do with my problem, or am i just not doing something correct.

Looking for help.
Thank you in advance
Jeff
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Jeff,

The HTML for your form is not correct. What is being displayed on the site is not that same as the HTML that we have provided. Please go ahead and clear off all of the old HTML and then repaste the HTML that we've provided to the site.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
cassautoparts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I just tried that, i still am getting the same error. Am i deleting the old html correctly? How do i tell if their is still 'leftovers" form the first try?
or is something messing up my paste?

Jeff
Thanks again
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Jeff,

The HTML is still not correct. Everything is good with the HTML except for the fact that all of the hidden fields are missing their values.

The code on your site currently is showing:

Code:
<input id="user" type="hidden" name="user">
<input id="formid" type="hidden" name="formid">

The code should show:

Code:
<input name="user" type="hidden" id="user" value="cassautoparts">
<input name="formid" type="hidden" id="formid" value="67105">

The above was taken directly off of the get html portion of your control panel.

It is possible that for some reason either the HTML editor you are using, or the server itself are stripping these values. Try getting rid of all the old code and pasting the new code back into the HTML file using a simple text editor such as notepad. Then verify that the code is correct locally on your own machine before re-uploading it to your server.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
cassautoparts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I see what you mean. I cleared all the html i saw and reposted the new HTML file. When i first paste it to the site i do see the "hidden" content. As soon as i save it i only see the boxes that "cassautoparts" and "67105" were in. I then publish the web page, and then the boxes disapear. So am i to assume that 1and1 is stripping some code because i did not purchase their form builder? When i open the page to edit it, the boxes are their but they are blank.

Thanks for all your help
Jeff
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It is most likely a case of your web host stripping your code. Personally, I find this highly unethical for any hosting provider to do such as they are basically altering your copyrighted material. I suggest finding a new host.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: