Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teri360

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Form Location Reply with quote

I hope this is not a silly question but I have never used/created contact forms before. I signed up and have created three, one general and two specific that relate to certain sections of my site. Now when I specify the firm location -- that needs to be a separate page that contains ONLY the HTML for that form. correct? I had originally put the form location for the general form as http://name-of-my-site.com. But if I do that, it will include the form itself within the body of my page, correct? I don't want to do that - I want to have a LINK that says, for instance, "You are welcome to contact me by clicking <A HREF="http://name-of-my-site.com/indexform.html">here</a> and filling out the form." Is that correct? And if I do that. can I also put that same LINK on other sections of my site? I think this is a great idea and just want to make sure to specify the location so that only the LINK shows on my page and then when it is clicked, that will go to the actual form. Thanks. Teri
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Teri,

You just need to specify the form location as the specific html page that the form is going to be located on. Your form can live on an unlimited number of different HTML pages provided that you specify the given locations. In your case, I believe this URL is:

http://name-of-my-site.com/indexform.html

It doesn't matter how many times, or from what page you link to this page. All that our software cares about is the specific, fully qualified URL that the form HTML resides on (see above example).

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
teri360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Great, that's how I thought it would work. I saved a form yesterday with its own filename and then used it to send a test message to myself, and it worked just great! I think this is much nicer than having one's E-mail address on their site where spammers can find it, especially since various contact forms can be easily created, each with questions specifically relating to that section of one's site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: