Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems retrieving password info/logging in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabk

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Problems retrieving password info/logging in Reply with quote

Hi
My account was inactive for a while, and I got an email asking me to follow a link to prevent my account from being deleted. I followed all the instructions and that worked ok. I wanted to log into my account, but couldn't remember my password, so I filled out the password retreival page (i.e. put in my registered email and clicked on generate new password). However, it's been a few days since I did that and I haven't received any email with a new verification link or password. Am I doing anything wrong/missing something? I managed to create the account for this forum in a couple of minutes, so I thought that creating a new password would be as fast. I've even tried creating a new account linked to a different email address, but I've yet to receive any email to confirm my new account.
I hope you can help.
Thanks.
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The most likely problem is that the e-mail that was sent to you with the password was filtered by spam filters. Please check your spam filtering controls on your e-mail account.

More info:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=62&ptid=6&stid=8

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rabk

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I've looked at my bulk/spam email folder and there's no sign of any email relating to mycontactform.com. The emails I received to sign up for the forums and to renew my account did arrive in my inbox and not my spam email folder, so I would assume that a password reminder email would go there too. I've tried the password retrieval with different browsers, but there's still no sign of a reminder email. Any more ideas?
Thanks
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Robert,

I am pretty certain that it is being filtered. Some e-mail providers (including Hotmail for example) will delete a message entirely rather than place it in a bulk mail or spam folder. I would recommend getting into contact with your e-mail provider's customer support and seeing if this is an issue.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rabk

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Is there a specific email address that a password reminder email comes from? If there is, I could add it to my address book to guarantee that it's not deleted.
Thanks
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: REply Reply with quote

info@mycontactform.com is the address.
rabk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the email address to my address book, but there's still no sign of anything when I try to retrieve my password. I know I'm using the right email address as it's the one that the account reminder was sent to. The emails from info@mycontactform.com came through with no problems when I signed up to the forum. It's almost as though nothing is being sent when I fill in the box and press send on the password retrieval page. Any more suggestions?
Thanks.
Robert.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Try also adding anonymous@mycontactform.com to your list. You may also need to contact Hotmail.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rabk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not getting any email responses to anything that I'm trying. I've added all of the email addresses to my address book (I have a yahoo address) so they won't be getting blocked, but that hasn't made a difference. When I have tried to make a new account, after filling out the form and clicking on submit it seems to revert to the same page with Become A Site User at the top but without the form/text underneath. Should this be happening?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Robert
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Even if you add the address to your address book, it is still possible that Yahoo's! filters are deleting the message.

When you signup for a new account, it should be giving you an error message. Please post the specific info you are using (username, email, name, etc.) to signup for the new account with (don't post the password), and I'll test it from my end.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rabk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The details of my account are:
username - rabk
name - Robert Kennedy
email - rabkennedy@yahoo.com

Those details are for the account that I still have and reactivated.
Thanks.
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: